Here’s something fresh for the upcoming outdoor-cooking picnic weekend!
We just returned from vacation in Florida, so I thought I might not have enough time to cook for you, but look! I was able to whip this up last minute!
(You looked like you needed greens.)
(Or maybe I was the one who needed greens.)
Here they are!
- 1 head kale, de-stemmed and cut into ribbons
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup silken tofu, blended smooth
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple-cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- cracked pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds or poppy seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (or more to taste)
- In a small container, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients.
- Coat salad ingredients in the dressing.
- Mix in the celery seeds and pumpkin seeds.
The weather is turning warmer! Enjoy it!