Muddle through cucumber season with a cucumber cooler! This summer cocktail will help you keep your cool over the number of cucumbers you have overtaking your garden and your life. It will also keep your mind off all your other problems, and, if you keep drinking them, you will barely notice you’re alive. If THAT happens, don’t blame me. (I always switch to wine after the third gin.)
(Haha! I’m only joking.)
(Wait. Am I alive right now?)
Oh yes, I’m alive…
…and enjoying the moment.
- 1 "shot" or 1½ ounces of gin
- 4-6 cucumber slices
- ¼ lime, sliced
- ¼ lemon, sliced
- 4 ounces tonic water or sparkling water
- cucumber ribbon for garnish (optional)
- Add gin, lime and lemon to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Add the cucumber slices to the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Pour mixture over glass filled with ice and top with tonic water.
- Stir and let the mixture sit for a few minutes to allow flavors to mingle.
- Bottoms up!
Now I’m ready to cook up more cucumber recipes. Stand by.
(Or pass out. However you roll.)
For more cucumber ideas, see: